Thursday, April 12, 2012

Worry (Poem)

There are things I shouldn't worry about
And things that I should.
I can't help worrying about you
And if you're doing good.
I can't help but think
There are thing that I should say
And things that I shouldn't have
Although it's all kind of gray.
I try to be my own best friend
But I'm not sure I really am
I worry too much for that
And I give too much of a damn.
I worry that I'm funny
I worry that I'm smart
I worry that people like me
I've made it into an art.
My worry threatens to consume me
In a fire of insecurity
And I worry about that even
And it all comes to naught.
My worry is senseless
As many things are
I worry that I can't let it go
And do what I ought.
Worry, I leave you behind tonight
To burn yourself up for once.
I concentrate on now this day
And let things fall as they may.


No comments:

Post a Comment