Monday, April 16, 2012

Libra Disney Spirit (Blog?)

I enjoy a wide variety of genres of music, movies, and comic books, but the ones I enjoy the most are the ones that have heart to them, regardless of where I find them. I'm way too old to have a full appreciation of Lizzie McGuire, but I went to see the movie with a friend way back when and I have some good memories associated with it. The soundtrack was pretty good and the title track has some stirring lyrics. It's a beautiful love song. Simple lyrics, yes. It's a Disney movie, yes. But if I read this as a poem, I would be moved, as I am by the song every time I hear it. Hillary Duff is a fellow Libra who I share a birthday with, too, though not the same year.
Have you ever seen such a beautiful night?
I could almost kiss the stars
They're shining so bright.
When I see you smiling I go
Oh oh oh
I would never want to miss this
In my heart I know what this is
This is what dreams are made of.

I've got somewhere I belong
I've got somebody to love
This is what dreams are made of.

Have you ever wondered what life is about?
You could search the world and never figure it out.
You don't have to sail the ocean

Happiness is no mystery
It's here and now
It's you and me.



No comments:

Post a Comment