Friday, April 6, 2012

Love Endures All Things (Poem)

I sit here again pining for you
And all that you do is think about him
What is he to me, but more importantly to you?
You've made your choice and I am left with regret.
What should I have done or changed or said?
How many years would I have to go back
To make it all right again?
How many things should I not have said?
How many times should I have said more?
How many times was I but a quiet fool
And how many times did I try too hard?
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
My insecurities are laid here before you in all their improper glory
I know that I'm wrong to feel this way
I know it's not right that I should harbor regret
I know it's not healthy to hold on this long,
And some day I know it won't hurt so much.
Someday I know this will all be a dream
Instead of the nightmare it seems to be.
Hold a place in your heart for me
As I surely do for you
And maybe someday I'll be happier still.






No comments:

Post a Comment