Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Forget the Senses of the Past (Poem)

Memory is imperfect, so I can hardly rely on that.
I only have now and what I sense today.
I feel the keys as I type in the now
I seem to remember the day as more chill than the day before, but I can't trust that you see
Because what if today was the same and I just don't remember yesterday right?
What if all the yesterdays are the same and I just forgot all of them wrong?
Some things you would like to forget
How they looked
How they felt
How they smelled
The noise you heard
The noise you made
It's all the same
It doesn't hurt
If I forget.
Forget it now, that's all I can do.
Remember it then, but maybe I can't
Or choose not to.
I refuse to believe that yesterday is the same
And maybe that's all that matters.
If I can't compare now and then
Then I'll just feel and remember now
Be happy or sad as the day calls for it
Smile, laugh, or cry
As I deem appropriate.
Cry because I'm touched, I hope,
And not because I'm sad.
Feel the now
And forget the senses of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment