Thursday, April 5, 2012

End of Logic (Poem)

I remember you like it was yesterday
How it felt to touch and how it made me feel
I want to feel it again; I want to be that way again.
I never thought you would make me feel the way that you do
My logic abandoned me when it came to you
This feeling didn't make sense, but then it did
It made perfect sense in that it didn't make sense
If that makes sense.
My thoughts drift to you again, as they often do
And I feel sad that I can't move on
Even though it's clear that I should
My life needs to move on
My heart needs to heal.
But I can't give up quite yet
Even though it feels like I should
It makes sense that I should
But then the start and the middle and the end of this never made much sense either
So maybe sense is out the window
Maybe all that's left is love
And that's all I'm left with
My now unrequited love
And my now senseless world that lacks the logic I grasped so tightly to.


No comments:

Post a Comment