Friday, April 13, 2012

Center of the Storm (Poem)

Left out in the cold
But the world has been generally warm.
Faced with the onset of a storm
I learned to enjoy the thunder.
Faced with a monsoon of doubt
I learned that there was something other than sadness.
Laugh at my doubting self
Make my more confident self vomit in revulsion.
Confidence might be an illusion
But it feels better than real pity.
Learn to stand on my own
Though the wind is blowing strongly.
Laugh at the falling branches
Lose them because I need myself.
Find my own calm now
Because I am the center of the storm.
The center that knows
That the storm will pass.
The center that knows
That this too shall pass.
The forest that will not burn
Though I may a little longer.
Find that quiet center
And let the peace take over the calamity.



No comments:

Post a Comment