Sunday, April 8, 2012

In Dreaming I Remember You (Poem)

One day I was sleeping and I dreamed that I lost you.
In the dream I had never met you and we had never shared a moment or laughed about anything.
It was a nightmare really when I start to consider it.
I felt so lost then like I was in the dark of the woods
I must have been foolish to have dreamed up someone like you
I must have been dreaming in the first place to imagine someone like that.
You weren't perfect, but you were my not perfect.
And then I woke up and it was all better then.
The stars were realigned and we had been in the same world
And I didn't dream you up or write you in a story
I really had met you and shared some time together
I really had stumbled into you and my world was better still.
If I'm dreaming now I hope I don't wake up again
If I'm dreaming then I hope I find you there.


No comments:

Post a Comment