Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Production measurement devices

As opposed to yesterday’s semi-productive state, today neared levels of vegetative states. I worked today, so I wasn’t totally unproductive, but I feel like I didn’t get much done, and that’s okay.
I didn’t make any progress on my book today, but I did find out that I have off the day of the book club meeting, so that’s a plus. I think I was about 42% finished last time I signed off the Kindle app. Not sure I like knowing the percentage of how much farther I have to go in the book. Sometimes when I’m reading a book in print, I try not to look at the page numbers and just enjoy reading, but that can be as distracting as knowing the page number.   
Anyway, work’s kind of a blur, because it was really busy. I know
I walked to lunch with a coworker, but I think I just watched a movie on my lunch break, when normally I would read some of my book. I have until the 24th to read it, so I should be okay.
I spent my time at home chatting on Facebook. Some of what I talked about was opening up to people, with me fearing doing so too quickly. But you know what? I’m going to embrace that fear, or face it rather (whichever makes more sense. Maybe both), and open up as much as I feel comfortable doing or want to even. Why should I be afraid for someone to know me? Consequences might just be a more authentic self, and that would be a good thing.  
Unproductive day may have started bad after I woke up late after starting to watch Walking Dead. Woke up late, not even time for a shower. Time for one now, I think, and maybe I’ll try to read a little of my book.
Not the conversation I’ve been promising, but I did talk a little about mediated communication, I suppose. Facebook can be such a time drain. A different world, a unique version of cyberspace, where people get lost, interact, and seemingly find themselves all over again, all in the span of a few hours or minutes even, drifting in a simulated world perhaps real in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment