Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Can't We Just All Get Along?

I hate being around people who are fighting. It happens to everyone at some point, but, like sometime said last night who was around this fighting, it reminds you of when your parents fought.
My friend fought with her friend. It was all a bit of a misunderstanding, like these things are, but I felt like find consideration could have saved the day, or spared some feelings anyway.
My older friend seemed to want us to take sides, but I didn’t want to do that. My side is peace. I had gone outside to talk to the girl who was crying and my friend whose house we were at wanted the girl to leave her house and told us to come back inside and told her to leave. I wanted to comfort the woman who was being kicked out, but I listened to her and went back inside.
The people inside afterwards were saying mean things about the girl who got kicked out, and I didn’t appreciate it, but didn’t say anything. If I had been the stronger person I wanted to be,I would have told my friend that I don’t take sides with friends. It turns out there was another reason for the fight, or another stated reason anyway, but I feel strongly that she wanted people to take sides. Even the drama that this drama is supposed to be about shouldn’t be a huge deal and had been exaggerated to my reckoning. I was merely trying to be kind and I regret going back inside when she asked me, to. It seems petty on her part, and I should have said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment