Monday, January 16, 2012

Sometimes I Remember

You may have hurt me; This much is true.

You were in the wrong; that much is clear.

I still miss you; I know it's sad.

I read you my poetry; I know it was bad.

You didn't laugh (too hard), so I was overjoyed.

Though you broke my heart, I shouldn't have tried

To hurt you, too, though I was just hurt more

Trying to hurt you, I was glad to be bad at it.

Being a spiteful person was something I didn't relish or enjoy.

I'm not proud of being the seeker of revenge.

I truly wish you well, but it still hurts you see;

I thought I was past it, but it still lingers with me.

The pain I felt did not dull quickly

It slowly went away, but not too swiftly.

I've been happy since and lived a good life.

I've not sought discord and I've been good to friends.

I've loved since you, been hurt since then

I wish I could forget you

But sometimes I remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment