Saturday, January 21, 2012

I Hope It Happens Again (Poem)

I know I probably didn't mean a lot to you

I know you've probably forgotten me by now

I know your life is probably fine

And mine pretty much is too.

On nights like tonight

When I'm by myself and it's raining outside

I think of you and our time together.

I know it's odd, 'cause it wasn't very long

I know it's strange I still think of you;

You weren't mine then and you never were

I still think of your kindness to me

You bought me dinner and laughed at my French

We shared our drawings; We walked together

It just doesn't make sense that I still think of you sometimes.

I've seen you since that day, talked a little even

I didn't think you would remember who I was or seek me out

I was just a random person you had met

But we did talk of things that people who just met sometimes don't talk about

It's just words, but it wasn't to me

I wondered why you told me some of these things.

I may never see you again

Would I even know you if I did?

It seems so long ago

And maybe it was

But I still remember your face sometimes, but then it's not there

It's better to remember it for the serendipitous event it was

And just hope it happens with someone else again.





No comments:

Post a Comment