Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Willingly Lost (Poem)

Listening to Michael Jackson's Dirty Diana today and I was inspired to right a poem to the rhythm of the verses. I threw a few lines that fit the poem in there, but the words here are mostly mine.


I can't stop thinking of you
I wish that you'd go away
I can't stop picturing your face
It follows me every place.

I've been here times before
But I was too blind to see
That you seduce every man
This time you won't seduce me.

It seems my mind's filled with you
I wish you'd come be with me.
Maybe it's true that won't be
But I wish it could be true.

This torture's tearing me apart
And quickly breaking my heart.
I make pretend that you don't
Drive me completely insane.

You say, "You don't know me.
How could you possibly be
In love with little old me?"
But I know that I do.

I think it's you who don't know me
How I could possibly feel.
You're not inside my head
With all these pictures of you.

And I don't care what you say
I want to go too far.
I promised an absence of passion,
But it seems I lied about that.

'Cause I'm in love with you now
Though that doesn't make sense.
I'm left the same place I started
Stuck in a trap that I made.

I wanted to have a brave face.
I want to forget about you.
But I can't lie to myself
This won't fade away fast.

I wish that I had the strength
To say I don't care about you.
But that'd be lying you see
And I can't do that to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment