Thursday, December 8, 2011

Poetry/Fiction "I Wish I Could Lie Tonight"

I'm going to start posting some fiction and poetry writing. Some of this is based on actual events and some of it is obviously not. 


I Wish I Could Lie Tonight


I wish I could lie to myself tonight

And say I don't miss you at all.

I wish I could lie tonight

And think I didn't mess it up with you.

I wish I could lie tonight

And say that none of this bothers me at all.

I wish I could remember when anything went right.

I wish I could forget when I met you

And how beautiful you looked that night.

I wish you didn't make me smile

I wish you weren't so damn cute

I wish I could forget how much I'm fond of you.

I hope you will see me again

But it probably won't matter by then.

You'll have met someone else

And maybe I will too

But she won't be you.

I don't deserve someone

who makes a room glow like you do.

I heard music playing on the night I met you

And it's not because we were in a crowded bar.

I can't say I liked you then

I just knew that maybe you could be a friend.

But it looks like I messed that up too.

I can't lie tonight

'Cause it wouldn't be right

I can't lie tonight

'Cause I don't want to hurt anyone else.

I can't lie tonight

I'm gonna miss you for a long damn time.


No comments:

Post a Comment